Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 26: Easy Chicken Noodle Soup

Today I feeling a bit under the weather, so the only thing i really felt like eating (and cooking) was soup. At first, even the thought of even cooking was making me tired, but once I got started, it actually felt quite therapeutic. I took my time with all the chopping and slicing which made the soup taste even better. 

Ingredients:
(serves 4)
  • -2 tbs olive oil
  • -1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • -1 medium carrot, diced
  • -1 large stick celery, thinly sliced
  • -1 medium potato, peeled and diced
  • -6 cups (1.5 litres) chicken stock
  • -300g chicken breast fillets, diced (I used left over charcoal chicken from last nights dinner- even easier!)
  • -50g dried asian noodles, broken into 5cm pieces
  • -Thick wholegrain toast, to serve

How to make it:

  1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add carrot, celery and potato and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
  2. Add stock, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add chicken and pasta, partially cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
  3. Stir through parsley. Season to taste. Ladle soup into serving bowls and serve with wholegrain toast


MMM yummy in my tummy- making me feel so much better already. I couldn't believe how easy and quick it was to make! 

No comments: