Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 20: Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes

Okay...so these sounds great even before I get to the good part. I found this recipe online a while ago, and i couldn't wait to try it out. My love for Oreos, cheesecake and cupcakes combine to make one super, delicious dessert to impress. The first batch I attempted didn't turn out too good; firstly I didn't have enough creme cheese and secondly I forgot to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius- thus, cooking my poor little cupcakes at 250celsius instead of 130, which caused them to shrivel up. The second batch I made had the correct amount of creme cheese and I cooked them exactly by recipe...and they turned out absolutely scrumptious. 


Here's what you need:
I halved the original recipe, too many of these wouldn't do well for the diet.
- 16 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 12 left whole, and 4 coarsely chopped
- 500g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt


How to do it:
1.Preheat oven to 130 degreesC. Line standard (12 hole) muffin tins with cupcake liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each cup.
2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.






Oh my goodness...you need to try these. Best invention ever; who would have thought cheesecake and oreos went so well together. Perfect for any dinner party!

No comments: